Our Peacemaking Team was one of the first to be organized around the PC(USA)’s Presbyterian Peacemaking Committee. Projects include:
1) Boroko Village Project - The Peacemaking Team began a relationship with Boroko Primary School in 2011 through Dr. Kip Elolia of Emmanuel Christian Seminary, who is a native of the region. The school (grades 1-8) has about 450 girls and boys. Boroko project successes include:
- PHASE 1: raised money to pipe fresh water from a nearby spring to the community school
- PHASE 2: installed a grinding mill at the school (profits from the mill help buy lunch for the school children)
- PHASE 3: upgraded the spring house and water lines; purchased materials for the children to grow tree seedlings (protecting the hillside from erosion).
- PHASE 4: improved the water system, planted a food garden & purchased chickens, which supplements their lunch program
- PHASE 5: Purchased 2 cows and solar panels