We’re grateful beyond words that last fall your pledges enabled FPCe to fully fund our 2020 budget. This fall our request is simple: Keep it up! One FPCe member said our stewardship theme should be “Ditto!”
This year has been like any other, but despite all the challenges we've faced, our church has been able to do many wonderful things. We have continued (and even increased!) our support to Shepherd's Inn, Food for the Multitude (currently partnered with River's Edge Ministry), ARM (Assistance & Resource Ministry), Living Waters for the World, Presbyterian Disaster Assistance, UKirk Campus Ministry at ETSU, and Holston Camp. We have also used your contributions to provide weekly online worship (with many thanks to our musicians, pastor, seminary intern, and numerous volunteers!) along with multiple online opportunities to connect through Thursdays with Jesus, Meditation, Adult Forum, Youth Forum, and Choir. Your Session has continued to find ways to carry out our ministries and your Deacons continue to provide pastoral care. Even when we are able to come back together in our building, we are committed to maintaining these online ministries and other opportunities. Your contributions are a vital part of all these things your church is doing!
We have one additional request this year, and it doesn’t involve your pocketbook: Please get involved in the work of our church. We need everyone’s energy, insights, and participation to fulfill FPCe’s vision. Even while we aren't meeting in person, our committees are still hard at work. Opportunities include (but certainly aren't limited to):
- Building & Grounds (keeps our facility and grounds working)
- Christian Education (works with youth and adult forums and programming)
- Community Life (plans and provides fellowship and community building activities for our church family)
- Community Outreach (works with all our outreach partners like ARM, FFTM, Shepherd's Inn, etc.)
- Membership (reaches out to and helps welcome new and prospective church members)
- More Light (works with LGBTQIA outreach and ministries)
- Peacemaking (educates congregation about peacemaking opportunities and supports the same)
- Stewardship, Finance, and Personnel (works with our staff and makes sure we can fund all our programs and benevolences)
- Worship (works with the pastor and other worship leaders to support weekly worship and special services)
These and many other opportunities are available and need your input! You’ll gain as much as you give and so much more. Thank you for all you give to make this church and our ministries together possible.