Micah 6:8: "And what does the Lord require of you but to do justice and to love kindness and to walk humbly with your God."
The Community Outreach team encourages and coordinates our congregation's response to help those in need both in our area and throughout the world.
On-going Ministries We Support:
- Assistance Resource Ministries (ARM): ARM provides basic emergency necessities to those in need throughout Carter County. We collect supplies, raise funds, and assist with Thanksgiving baskets. We also encourage our members to volunteer at ARM as a way of being a part of the community and to have contact with those in need.
- Food for the Multitude (FFTM): A cooperative ministry of 6 area churches. FPCe prepares and serves 200 meals every 5th Saturday
- Shepherd's Inn: A local women's crisis shelter. Funds and supplies are collected.
- More Light Ministry (Sub-committee of Community Outreach): This team supports the LGBTQ community through the Social Gathering where LGBTQ individuals, families, and their allies are invited for food and fellowship in a safe and welcoming environment.
- 5 Cents-a-Meal Offering: An offering for hunger relief distributed by the Holston Presbytery's hunger committee. Food for the Multitude, ARM, and Shepherd's Inn all receive funds through grants from the 5 cents offering.
Contact Moderator Kathy Wing (email@example.com) if you would like to be a part of the Community Outreach Team.